Entertainment, Fashion, Beauty, Lifestyle, News, Events, Insights and Inspirations, Share your thoughts and experiences …..

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Lil Wayne on seizures: 'I go to sleep and wake up in the hospital'


For Lil Wayne, waking up from a seizure is like waking up from a bad dream -- except he has no memory of the nightmare. The rapper, who was hospitalized because of his epilepsy for nearly a week in March and then again for a day at the end of the April, opened up about the experience to MTV's RapFix Live on Wednesday, May 8, telling hostSway Calloway that the episodes happen seemingly out of nowhere.

"I go to sleep and wake up in the hospital," he explained. "I don't feel anything."
The 30-year-old star added that he has no recollection of any of the attacks and can't anticipate them in advance. "[There's] no warning, no nothing. I don't feel sick," he said, noting that he gets headaches "real bad" but never in the moments before having a seizure. "I just hope it stops happening."

Earlier this year, Wayne spoke to L.A. radio station Power 106 about his health, explaining the reason behind his hospitalization. "The bad news is I'm an epileptic, I'm prone to seizures," he said. "Like, this isn't my first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh seizure. I've had a bunch of seizures, y'all just never hear about them."
"But this time it got real bad 'cause I had three of them in a row, and on the third one, my heart rate went down to like 30 percent," he continued. "Basically, I could've died, so that is why it was so serious. But the reason being for the seizures is just plain stress, no rest, overworking myself."

No comments:

Post a Comment